The Aryan invasion theory proposed by max muller discredits India of its cultural, religious and spiritual continuity, it states that around 1500 b.c people of indus valley civilization known as Dravidian were conquered by a tribe known as Aryans who originated from europe (central asia, arctic region, southern russia, hungary and germany). it adds that this aryan tribe from europe brought the vedic knowledge to the indian sub-continent thereby declining india of its indigenous culture.
But the fact is this theory was devised by europeans to undermine the contribution of indian culture to the world and show its supremacy over the greatest culture of world thereby deliberately coming to wrong conclusions and misinterpreted sanskrit text to support their argument. But the theory has been challenged and conclusive evidence against the aryan invasion theory were found. some of the important points that can be mentioned are
Similarities between Indus valley civilization and aryan civilization:
- Indus valley civilization script though not understood till date has symbols such as 'OM' and 'swastika' which are used extensively in vedas. IVC script is actually pre sanskrit script.
- Worshiping of idols, trees, animals, snakes and animal sacrifices to please gods are found to be common in two civilizations.
- yoga postures found in vedas and pictures of god in same position found in ruins of IVC are similar.
- Love for jewellery, bathing in large pool etc.. are still practiced in india today gives weight age to cultural continuance.
- 2500 archaeological sites of IVC have no literature associated with them which implies ivc transferred their knowledge orally, this form of passing knowledge from one generation to another orally was started more than 10,000 years ago in India.
- No aryan homeland outside india was found and also not mentioned in vedas.
- 3000B.C was period Rig Veda belonged not 1200 B.C as previously predicted according to latest findings. So, Rig veda the basic literature of aryans could not have been present 1800 years before the aryans invaded india. therefore giving light to the cultural continuance of IVC and erroneous theory of aryan invasion.
- Rig veda also talks about saraswati river, drying of river and continuance of civilization southwards towards indi-gangetic plain.
- Satellite image shows ruins of ancient river bed across IVC cities known to be the same saraswati river mentioned in Rig veda which dried up the same time aryans occupied the indo-ganetic plain. This can be taken as conclusive evidence of IVC being migrated to Indo-gangetic plain which later came to be known as aryan civilization.
- Max Muller who proposed 'aryan invasion theory' himself acknowledged that indian literature has unique place in history which contradicts his theory that states indian literature was imported by aryans from their homeland in europe.
- Sanskrit is actually mother of all european languages but the opposite is being spread by vested interests.
- Indus valley civilization was the most advanced civilization at that time, it had some of the largest cities in the world at that time and is referred as urban civilization. An advanced civilization being destroyed by a tribe from europe is hard to digest.
- there are genetic similarities present between today's indians and Indus valley civilization people.
- Misinterpretation and Knowingly ignoring the similarities between IVC and aryan civilization to establishing european supremacy.